Last night our family went to the store and we lost Chloe. It happened so fast. Rich went to go get more juice while I was checking out. I had all the kids and Chloe was throwing a fit because she wanted something. I was trying to calm her down while still unloading the cart. I turned around for a few seconds and she was gone. I then yelled her name and started searching the other checkout areas to see if I could find her. No luck. I then asked the lady that was checking us out to call for a missing child. She then said, "Yes hold on." A min passed and she came back with another worker and she told me I had to go to customer service. That just made me mad! What do you mean I have a child missing and I need you to make a call out! Can't you just call from the phone you have right there to let everyone in the store know! It would take me forever to get to customer service with my two kids. AHHHHHH Then Rich came back and asked where Chloe was I then told him she was gone and he left with Bella to the front doors to let them know we have a missing child. He searched half the store when the worker came back and said she is in Customer service. That was 10 min. It felt like an hour! Rich went to go pick her up and she said, "DADDY!" that was it. No crying, nothing. I have now talked with the store manager and the head customer service of all the stores to let them know what happened. The manger told me,"We have an ADAM ALERT." I told her that never happend! They need to let everyone working for them know what should happen if this happens again. And you all know it will. I just am really glad that Chloe is home with us now and she is alright. We are very Blessed.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Yikes Shari! That is so crazy! I was just thinking yesterday about how crazy it would be to lose Grant at a store, or somewhere like that, and what my reaction would be. I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. I'm shocked that the store employees weren't on top of it as soon as it happened. DUH! Even if they didn't have a procedure to follow (wich they all should), they should be smart enough to make an announcement without delay- that's just being a good person. I'm so glad Chloe was fine and happy. And I'm glad Rich was there with you so he could take anyone down if he had to. :)
Oh thats so scary! I know that feeling! I lost my 2yr old at Sea World for 5min. and it seemed like forever! Glad she's ok:)
Post a Comment