Rich and I have been talking about chickens for a month now, and I always thought that it would be a long time before we got them. Well.....Last week Rich called me and asked if we wanted to go and get chickens with him. WHAT!? I then told him if we are really going to get chickens this is going to be all YOU! He told me yes, and then I loaded the kids in the car and we were off. The place we went to was out by Johnson Ranch and they had so many differant kind of birds. When we got there I told Rich I wanted a white one, then Chloe said Blue...Blue...Blue. I tryed to explan that there was no blue Chickens but we could name one of them Blue. The kids had so much fun with all of the birds. So while we were there I saw the little ducks and boy were they CUTE! So the guy gave us a great deal for 4 chickens and 2 ducks. Here they all are! ( Bella's fav is silvermist, the smallest duck and Chloe loves Polkadot and Blue) Yes I know we are CRAZY!!!
Rich building the chicken coop
Copper
Polkadot
Blue
Penny
Tinkerbell and Silvermist
Bella and Silvermist
Chloe and Blue
Friday, June 19, 2009
Rich's idea = Chickens and Ducks Oh My!
Posted by Johnson at 11:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
I think that is any kids dream come true! It is going to be so much Fun having cute little chic's and duckies running around! But good luck when they are all grown up Rich:) Look at it this way, you guys will never have to buy eggs again:) yea!
I also had to add that I love your new blog background and layout:)
You'd better hope no one in the HOA knows your blog address. I don't think they're allowed. :) So cute, though.
Do we know yet if these are little girl or boy chickens and ducks? The roosters can get mean when the hens are sitting on eggs. The one next door attacked my leg and I still have a scar. Good luck and yes I do think you are nuts, but that is coming from your aunt who has a horse and a goat soooo.....
Seriously?...are you crazy...I can't believe you got chickens and ducks...what is the purpose for that...for fun or for the eggs?
We love you guys. call me when you get a free moment!
That is awesome! One day we want chickens too.
You are a hair stylist...a chicken could be blue if you really wanted it to be! he he he!
Wow, are you guys trying to be like Joey and Chandler now or what? Ha, ha! Will this turn you into a vegetarian family now, or at least no poultry for dinner? I don't think I could do it!
That's AWESOME! I keep telling Robert that someday we'll have chickens. And I keep telling him one day he'll come home and there will be a duck swimming in the pool...I don't think I could at this house though, not enough space. :) Good Luck!
Post a Comment